Wednesday, July 11, 2012

South Lake Tahoe, California



















I have wanted to see Lake Tahoe for 20 years.  Since we were already in Sacramento at my in-laws, we decided to drive to Lake Tahoe.  We took my in-laws in the RV with us and we had a wonderful time.  It is only a 2 hour drive from Sacramento to an elevation of 6000 feet.  The drive up the mountains is beautiful.  Lake Tahoe is so beautiful and blue.  The water in the lake is from a glacier and is 97% pure and if you drank it it would be close to distilled water.  The lake is so clean and clear that you can see down up to 75 feet.  The lake is approximately 12 miles long by 12 miles long and part of the lake is 100-300 feet deep.  The statistics said that if Lake Tahoe was drained it would cover the entire state of California in 14 inches of water.  We had lunch at Riva's Restaurant by a marina.  My in-laws wanted to go on the Tahoe Queen steamboat, but we had Leo so we rented a pontoon boat and went on the lake. It was Leo's first boat ride and he was a little nervous.  Lake Tahoe is the most beautiful lake I have ever seen.  The town of South Lake Tahoe is a mountain town with a Swiss feel.  Leo and the girls even got to go in the lake.  Seeing Lake Tahoe should be on everyone's bucket list.  I took a lot of pictures, I hope you enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment